State of the Union......
Just for informational purposes for all TISD stakeholders.... No fluff... Just facts...
* Highest A-F accountability jump in Shelby County of eleven points to 84 which is a B rating
* The county's first fully funded Dual Credit tuition program continues and has expanded.
* Superior rating for FIRST (financial integrity)
* Lowest overall tax rate in Shelby County
* A fund balance that has tripled over the last eight years
* But, a continued commitment to fund facilities projects and transportation, as well as three different Board approved salary scale raises for teachers in that time
* Band makes 1st division yet again in Marching contest. Sends more kids to All-Region Band in JH than any 4A school that participated.
* Football program did miss the playoffs for the first time in 14 years, but that comes on the heels of 9 trips to the state quarterfinals or beyond in the last 11 seasons. (Only Carthage, Mart, Aledo, Falls City, Lake Travis have enjoyed "sustained" success at that level)
* Girls Basketball already at 19 wins. One more makes the first time in school history to record five consecutive 20 win seasons)
*Boys Basketball- tied for 1st place in the toughest district in the state. Also a program with 14 Regional Tourney appearances in the last 17 years.
* Hosts of the largest and best Holiday Basketball tournament in Texas.
* The first and perhaps only school that opens a "restaurant" for stakeholders on event nights with the Tiger Cafe.
* A state championship contending Barbecue Team in our Ag department.
* Yet another team qualified for the State Robotics Contest
* The first time in school history to qualify a team for the Cross Country State Meet
* Enrollment is holding at 529 students PK-12. That's a 23% increase of enrollment since the passage of the 2008 bond.
We are proud of the school we have and we care about continually pushing these kids to reach their fullest potential.